[Baruwa] user groups

Mark Chaney
  Would be nice to be able to setup groups for users that I can assign
them to so that they use a specific domain for access to reports and
obviously emails are sent from this domain. This way it can be better
used in a multi company situation where their domains are preferred to
be used and/or in reseller type situations (as a hosting company, I have
clients that resell my services in a branded fashion).

-Mark

Re: [Baruwa] user groups

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 20 Sep 2010, at 2:13 PM, Mark Chaney wrote:

>  Would be nice to be able to setup groups for users that I can assign
> them to so that they use a specific domain for access to reports and
> obviously emails are sent from this domain.

Is this not possible at the moment ?

If you have a reseller you can create a domain admin for them, then
add the domains they manage to that account.

The only thing that i see missing here is the ability for them to brand
the outbound reports or from address that it is sent from.

If am wrong provide a better use case for me to understand this.

--
JAVA - write once, crawl anywhere.

Re: [Baruwa] user groups

Mark Chaney
  I actually was talking about the outbound reports, from email address,
urls, etc. Not the actual domains being filtered.

On 20 Sep 2010, at 3:26 PM, Mark Chaney wrote:

>  I actually was talking about the outbound reports, from email address,

This should not be a problem, that could easily be added

> urls, etc.

The urls ? Do you have some kind of virtualhost system with customized
domain names pointing to the same install ?

But this could be implemented as well by moving the quarantine url
parameter from configuration file to DB.

> Not the actual domains being filtered.

--
JAVA - write once, crawl anywhere.

Re: [Baruwa] user groups

Mark Chaney
  I dont have a virtual system setup yet, but thats my intentions when
baruwa supports it. Great, I am really looking forward to the feature
being implemented.

Also, are you using anything to keep track of feature requests/bug
reports so we can monitor changes, etc?

Another thing, do you have any type of paypal donation thing setup? Your
project has really saved me from purchasing software that didnt really
do what I needed anyway, so I would love to be able to throw you some
funds when possible.

-Mark

On 20 Sep 2010, at 6:02 PM, Mark Chaney wrote:

>  I dont have a virtual system setup yet, but thats my intentions when
> baruwa supports it. Great, I am really looking forward to the feature
> being implemented.

Ok

> Also, are you using anything to keep track of feature requests/bug
> reports so we can monitor changes, etc?

I am working on setting up trac on the outside, at the moment the
feature requests are just in the TODO list in the git repo

> Another thing, do you have any type of paypal donation thing setup?

Yes, you can access it from the github page or directly the links are
below.

http://github.com/akissa/baruwa
http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

> Your
> project has really saved me from purchasing software that didnt really
> do what I needed anyway, so I would love to be able to throw you some
> funds when possible.

Cool appreciate it.

--
JAVA - write once, crawl anywhere.