Exim checkss

wit

Exim checkss

wit
Exim Checks
Shouldn't malware and rbl checking be disabled in exim by default so it can be handled by MailScanner?
I mean the whole point of having a web gui is so you can see and control it.
By letting Exim handle it it take away this visibility.
I'm currently disabling it but thought it would be an idea to do so as part of the installation.

Re: Exim checkss

Mikael Syska
Hi,

Well ... at some point I agree but this makes the amount of email received very small.

* Real senderes that are in RBL lists gets notified since we at  MTA reject the email and not afterwards.
* If all did this ... spam would in the end be lowered alot .. if the adobe is done.
* If you accept the message and scans afterwards, you are responsible for the message now.
* You really don't need that much hardware when you reject at MTA :-) Think we reject 95% at MTA.

The whole point of the web ui is to handle when mails are wrongly targeted as SPAM. Senders that are listed in a RBL in my world is SPAM and I have no intension on seeing them in my list.

Leave it on by default ... some people might turn it off. But for us ... we are able to scan 50 times the amount of mail on the same hardware.

mvh