Google mail bounced from DKIM problem

Raymond Norton
Senders using google servers are getting mail back with the following:

550 REJECTED - DKIM failure: pubkey_unavailable

Is this an oversight on configuration on my part?? Is there an acl or
whitelist I can add to relax things some?

Raymond

Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

Re: Google mail bounced from DKIM problem

Mark Chaney-2
Isnt this more a question for the mailing list of whatever mta you are
using? Baruwa doesnt block, receive, or send email nor even do the
scoring for sa.

On 2013-02-13 21:13, Raymond Norton wrote:

> Senders using google servers are getting mail back with the
> following:
>
> 550 REJECTED - DKIM failure: pubkey_unavailable
>
> Is this an oversight on configuration on my part?? Is there an acl or
> whitelist I can add to relax things some?
>

> Raymond

> Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

Re: Google mail bounced from DKIM problem

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 14 Feb 2013, at 5:13 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:

> Senders using google servers are getting mail back with the following:
>
> 550 REJECTED - DKIM failure: pubkey_unavailable
>
> Is this an oversight on configuration on my part?? Is there an acl or whitelist I can add to relax things some?

This is caused due to the DNS server you are using not supporting TCP queries.
The current size of the Google DKIM keys do not fit in a UDP query so the client
switches to TCP to query them.

- Andrew

--
www.baruwa.org

Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056
Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: Google mail bounced from DKIM problem

Raymond Norton
Thanks... I searched for quite a while for an answer. Most dkim worked, so it was baffling.

Good catch

On Feb 14, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Andrew Colin Kissa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2013, at 5:13 AM, Raymond Norton wrote:
>
>> Senders using google servers are getting mail back with the following:
>>
>> 550 REJECTED - DKIM failure: pubkey_unavailable
>>
>> Is this an oversight on configuration on my part?? Is there an acl or whitelist I can add to relax things some?
>
> This is caused due to the DNS server you are using not supporting TCP queries.
> The current size of the Google DKIM keys do not fit in a UDP query so the client
> switches to TCP to query them.
>
> - Andrew
>
> --
> www.baruwa.org

> Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

Keep Baruwa FREE - http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12056

Re: Google mail bounced from DKIM problem

jcriss
I am having a lot DKIM issues suddenly.  We are using google pulbic DNS could this be causing the issue?  If not is there a way to disable DKIM checks?