Installation of Community Edition 2.0.9

ob_baruwa
Hello.
I'm trying several times to install the Communiy Edition 2.0.9.
With Python 2.6 , Python 2.7.11 ...
Only an old version of Python 2.7.10 enables me to build the git-master.

"pip install baruwa" doesn't work at all. Why is it there, when the build
is commonly known to be broken? And why the documentation says to install
with "pip install baruwa"?

But there are soooooo much more errors (for me). It seems that the 2.0.9
is very buggy. Files are missing (ldapauth.py), internationalization is
broken (jsi18n.js is missing), which leads to errors like:
----------
Module baruwa.controllers.utils:113 in js_localization >>  locale =
get_lang()[0]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
----------

Many other .js-files are missing (common.min.js and much more).

Directory layout doesn't match the documentation. Do I need to "setup.py
bdist_wheel install" or sdist or both? Sorry, I'm not a developer ... and
the documentation says to install from PyPI (which is not correct for this
release).

Is there still the willingness to have working community editions besides
the enterprise edition?
Is there anyone out there who has successful build the 2.0.9 Community
Edition without being a developer of Baruwa?

Greetings
Oliver

Re: Installation of Community Edition 2.0.9

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 30 Dec 2015, at 9:27 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Is there still the willingness to have working community editions besides
> the enterprise edition?

Pull requests to fix these issues are welcome. There can be no "community"
edition if the community does not put work in to contribute code.

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org