MailScanner startup errors

LostNerd
Having a problem starting MailScanner and I honestly can't work out why. Any assistance here is appreciated.

No obvious changes have been made to any config files. At least not by myself.

[root@mx3 sysconfig]# service MailScanner status
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='mta', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='mta', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='incomingworkdir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='incomingworkdir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='incomingqueuedir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='incomingqueuedir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='quarantinedir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='quarantinedir', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='runasuser', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek [for Statement "SELECT dbvalue(value) AS value FROM quickpeek WHERE external = ? AND (hostname = ? OR hostname='default') LIMIT 1" with ParamValues: 1='runasuser', 2='mx3.domain.com'] at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigSQL.pm line 134.
/etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 84: [: =: unary operator expected
Checking MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [FAILED]
/etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 335: [: =: unary operator expected
/etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 349: [: =: unary operator expected

Re: MailScanner startup errors

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 20 May 2015, at 4:04 PM, LostNerd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek

Based on that error, the user does not have permissions to select from the
quickpeek view.

You need to investigate what has happened to the DB permissions/Views.

- Andrew

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

RE: MailScanner startup errors

LostNerd

Hmm… Thanks Andrew. It’s quite peculiar. Checking the database, all the permissions and views appear to be correct.

I’ll try reverting to a recent backup to see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.

- Peter

http://baruwa-users-list.963389.n3.nabble.com/images/icon_attachment.gifsignature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment

--
Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

http://baruwa-users-list.963389.n3.nabble.com/MailScanner-startup-errors-tp4027653p4027654.html

To unsubscribe from MailScanner startup errors, click here.
NAML

http://t.signauxcinq.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v5dlQdN3LPWyMRYHfMW3My1ZM2zlZNzW6BL6gj1k1H6H0?si=5696281839665152&pi=778494f9-edf9-4ddc-8ff0-881ae3adfb73

Re: MailScanner startup errors

jadsy2103
Make sure you use the correct database queries for the version that you populated the database with.

I think I had this issue when using baruwa 1.1 MailScanner Conf with Baruwa 2.0.1 MailScanner database population

Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2015, at 7:37 AM, LostNerd <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hmm… Thanks Andrew. It’s quite peculiar. Checking the database, all the permissions and views appear to be correct.

I’ll try reverting to a recent backup to see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help.

- Peter

On 20 May 2015, at 4:04 PM, LostNerd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation quickpeek

Based on that error, the user does not have permissions to select from the
quickpeek view.

You need to investigate what has happened to the DB permissions/Views.

- Andrew

http://baruwa-users-list.963389.n3.nabble.com/images/icon_attachment.gifsignature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment

--
Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

http://baruwa-users-list.963389.n3.nabble.com/MailScanner-startup-errors-tp4027653p4027654.html

To unsubscribe from MailScanner startup errors, click here.
NAML

Web Bug from http://t.signauxcinq.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v5dlQdN3LPWyMRYHfMW3My1ZM2zlZNzW6BL6gj1k1H6H0?si=5696281839665152&pi=778494f9-edf9-4ddc-8ff0-881ae3adfb73

Sent from the Baruwa users list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

RE: MailScanner startup errors

LostNerd

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind and check this out tomorrow when I get in the office. (20:30 (GMT) here!)

Appreciate it.

- Peter