No records in database

jvangent
Hi.

For a few days now, I am trying to get baruwa 2 to work properly on Ubuntu 12.04.

Following the instructions to the letter, using provided configs for mailscanner and exim4.

Some python packages needed to be downgraded (babel 0.9.6 and celery 3.0.24) in order to pass the test in step 5.

In any case, I can access the webpage, can change settings (that are even applied by mailscanner), changes to domains are picked up by exim and mail flows correctly.

EXCEPT, the webinterface does not show a single message record, and the messages table is empty.

I do see correct information at the server status screen, including if MTA, and mailscanner /av agents are up) but somehow mailscanner (I suppose mailscanner is doing the reporting) does not send anything to the database.

As said I see both mailscanner and exim are communicating with the baruwa database, but even though I do receive messages, and these messages are correctly forwarded onwards, no message data is visible in the website or database.

Mailscanner --lint doesn't show any errors, and also relevant logs don't show signs of errors.

What am I doing wrong here I wonder ? Can someone point out how the message database is being populated and by whom ? (I suppose it is mailscanner).

Could this be a simple case of permissions, and if so, where to start looking.

According to the logs, I receive messages via exim, which passes the message on to mailscanner, mailscanner does invoke clamav and spamassassin, and reports that the message is clean (or not). and than the message is passed to the final smtp server (the exchange backend).

But according to both the baruwa GUI and it's database these messages never crossed the box :)

Help.

Re: No records in database

jvangent
Never mind, Found the problem /etc/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/BS.pm wasn't invoked. I found a debian/Ubuntu script somewhere which omitted always looked up last = BaruwaLog from the mailscanner conf file, effectively disabling logging.

Re: No records in database

Demarcation

Re: No records in database

jvangent
I've seen it, however I prefer to use a distro with a 3x kernel. As said never mind the problem has been solved already.