Old records in baruwa2.db

Valbuena, Angelo
My baruwa2.db seems to slowly keep more and more old records. If there are records in the baruwa2.db database does that mean the connection could not be made to the postgresql db and it was saved to the sqlite db? What is the interval or process where the baruwa2.db database is checked for records and then those either processed for saving to the postgresql db and deleted or just deleted as stale records? I am not a programmer or script person so trying to figure it out in the BS.pm is difficult for me. Any explaination of the process would be greatly appreciated.

Angelo Valbuena

Re: Old records in baruwa2.db

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

The process moves messages from backup db to main db each time it processes
a batch of messages.

On 29 Aug 2014, at 9:01 PM, "Valbuena, Angelo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any explaination of the process would be greatly appreciated.

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: Old records in baruwa2.db

Valbuena, Angelo
I assume the records are deleted from the baruwa2.db database each time it writes the corresponding message to the main postgresql db. If I have old records constantly being added a few each day would it imply there is an error happening in the delele? Would the delete of the record come in the restore_from_backup sub?

On 04 Sep 2014, at 10:00 PM, "Valbuena, Angelo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would the delete of the record come in the restore_from_backup sub?

Yes, when a record has been successfully inserted into the main database it is then
deleted from the backup DB. If that is not happening it could be due to the messages
being malformed. This happens when a message cannot be converted to UTF-8, the
postgresql database only stores UTF-8

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org