Problem releasing messages

12

Problem releasing messages

Jorge A Arenas Quezada

Hi All:

I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction…

Today after some year of using a Baruwa 1.0  on Centos 6 64bits

I am trying to release a message and the app show  “Processing”  and “Processing request…”

And never release the message or end the process

Where I can check for errors or what can I do to debug this

Thanks in advance

Jorge Arenas

Re: Problem releasing messages

Demarcation
Having the same trouble on my community edition server

Server Clustering

Alexandro Ghettini - Planetel
Hallo, i learnt about baruwa looking for a SpamSnake system so i set it up (baruwa 1.x) on a ubuntu box which works in synergy with Mailscanner/Spamassassin and greyfix pretty smooth reducing 90% spam with just a 0.4% false positives (quarantined and easily ham-learned and released).

Due to increment of the mail volume i wanted to balance more boxes like this. But it seems, Just cloning the VMs, ip/hostname/config files change ofc isn't  working, afaik, baruwa stores in the mysql database some box's related info, i found a scanners table wich store the server name for example but i fear there is more hidden in the db structure, because i keep seeing in the logs of the new "non working" server, celery failed entries related to the "source" working servername.

In the end i had to manually setup new boxes from scratch. This works great, but i am having a small issue.. i have 4 boxes, with 4 databases, and 4 baruwa frontends to setup everytime i need new domains, and to check 4 different bayes server and spamassassin ham/spam settings.

Is it possible to setup baruwa to work on a remote mysql db to store the info? well i guess yes, adding the new servers to the scanner table caould be a start, but, is there a doc or procedure to manual setup from a local database to a remote one?

many thanks in advance
--

-------------------
Alexandro Ghettini | IT Dept. - Unix/Linux System Engineer

Gruppo SITIS | SITIS Srl - Planetel Srl - Trifolio Srl - Times Srl
Tel. +39 035.204080 | Fax +39 035.203149
www.planetel.it

Re: Server Clustering

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator
Hi Alexandro,

You need to change the settings on the servers to point to one remote database and
message queue server.

Then you can uninstall the local database and message queue servers.

- Andrew

On 26 May 2015, at 9:57 AM, Alexandro Ghettini - Planetel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the end i had to manually setup new boxes from scratch. This works great, but i am having a small issue.. i have 4 boxes, with 4 databases, and 4 baruwa frontends to setup everytime i need new domains, and to check 4 different bayes server and spamassassin ham/spam settings.
>
> Is it possible to setup baruwa to work on a remote mysql db to store the info? well i guess yes, adding the new servers to the scanner table caould be a start, but, is there a doc or procedure to manual setup from a local database to a remote one?

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: Server Clustering

jadsy2103
Hi Andrew,

We've been having many issues with duplicate Subject added in the header..

This only happens occasionally

Do you know what is causing this issue and if there is a fix?

Kind Regards

You need to change the settings on the servers to point to one remote database and message queue server.

Then you can uninstall the local database and message queue servers.

- Andrew

On 26 May 2015, at 9:57 AM, Alexandro Ghettini - Planetel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the end i had to manually setup new boxes from scratch. This works great, but i am having a small issue.. i have 4 boxes, with 4 databases, and 4 baruwa frontends to setup everytime i need new domains, and to check 4 different bayes server and spamassassin ham/spam settings.
>
> Is it possible to setup baruwa to work on a remote mysql db to store the info? well i guess yes, adding the new servers to the scanner table caould be a start, but, is there a doc or procedure to manual setup from a local database to a remote one?

Re: Server Clustering

jadsy2103
When I say occasionally,

We are routing mail from internal servers to the public world via Burawa.

Some servers consistently have issues sending out of Baruwa, other's never have the issue...

Seems like different versions of Exchange or Mail systems will trigger different behaviour from Baruwa,

I can tell you that before we moved to Baruwa - we didn't have these issues...

Reading up I see similar problems others are having when using Baruwa.

Kind Regards

Il 26/05/2015 11:10, Andrew Colin Kissa ha scritto:
Hi Alexandro,

You need to change the settings on the servers to point to one remote database and
message queue server.

Then you can uninstall the local database and message queue servers.

- Andrew

Will try in the test envirnoment thanks for the tip

--

-------------------
Alexandro Ghettini | IT Dept. - Unix/Linux System Engineer
[hidden email]

Gruppo SITIS | SITIS Srl - Planetel Srl - Trifolio Srl - Times Srl
Tel. +39 035.204080 | Fax +39 035.203149
www.planetel.it

Re: Server Clustering

Louis

you can try the new mailscanner version.
Version 4.85.2-2 Released 13 April 2015
https://www.mailscanner.info/downloads/

if you use a baruwa suppied version ( from apt.baruwa.org)
you can use the above version, a few small changes are needed.
just some pointers to folders/files, i created some symlinks.
It was not that hard to change.

Greetz,

Louis

Re: Server Clustering

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 26 May 2015, at 11:29 AM, Jad O. Seifeddine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We've been having many issues with duplicate Subject added in the header..
>
> This only happens occasionally
>
> Do you know what is causing this issue and if there is a fix?

Hi

Please don't hijack someone else's thread, start an new one with your specific
issue.

Please refer to the previous posts on this list with regards to this issue, I have
already provided my patches, someone needs  to go through them and fix
mailscanner this is not a baruwa issue.

I will _NOT_ be spending time trying to get this patch to work with mailscanner
proper, the community need to do that.

I am attaching the patch such that this issue is laid to rest once and for all.

0001-Cleanup-code-formatting.patch (2M) Download Attachment
Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: Server Clustering

jadsy2103
Hi Louis,

Thank you very much, I suspected this is a MailScanner issue as Baruwa does not actually modify or scan email perse .

Can you shed light on what you did exactly after installing the deb package you provided link for.

Kind Regards

you can try the new mailscanner version.
Version 4.85.2-2 Released 13 April 2015 https://www.mailscanner.info/downloads/

if you use a baruwa suppied version ( from apt.baruwa.org) you can use the above version, a few small changes are needed.
just some pointers to folders/files, i created some symlinks.
It was not that hard to change.

Greetz,

Louis

Sorry Andrew,

I Noticed you’re reply in a email in my inbox and being lazy but also pulling my hair out trying to contact you,

Thank you for that duly noted this is issue with MailScanner

Kind Regards

On 26 May 2015, at 11:29 AM, Jad O. Seifeddine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We've been having many issues with duplicate Subject added in the header..
>
> This only happens occasionally
>
> Do you know what is causing this issue and if there is a fix?

Hi

Please don't hijack someone else's thread, start an new one with your specific
issue.

Please refer to the previous posts on this list with regards to this issue, I have
already provided my patches, someone needs  to go through them and fix
mailscanner this is not a baruwa issue.

I will _NOT_ be spending time trying to get this patch to work with mailscanner
proper, the community need to do that.

I am attaching the patch such that this issue is laid to rest once and for all.

Double subjected message.

Louis
Yes, this is a mailscanner issue, and the maintainer of mailborder is the new maintainer of mailscanner.
and he did fix the mailscanner issue.

Just extract the tar.gz, and DONT run the install.
read the UPGRADE file.
backup the mentiont folders.

Some my changes, created symlinks:
in /etc/MailScanner
custom -> /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/
CustomConfig.pm -> /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm

and a few more, but cant see, that back. cleared my history. (sorry)
but they where really simple changes.

Gr.

Louis

To bad that in the "enterprise" version the patch is applied, and not in the communitie version.
Are these changes that hard to do also for communitie if its already in enterprise...

but thanks, for suppy-ing the patch, after months of asking.. :-/ sorry, but i did ask multiple times for the patch,
or where to find it, no aswer, and then you get this...

I'll have a look if i can do this, if i can access the apt.baruwa.org..

Louis

clamav-unofficial-sigs : version 4.4.3

admin-at-extremeshok-dot-com
https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs

clamav-unofficial-sigs

ClamAV Unofficial Signatures Updater

Github fork of the sourceforge hosted and non maintained utility.

Description

The clamav-unofficial-sigs script provides a simple way to download, test, and update third-party signature databases provided by Sanesecurity, FOXHOLE, OITC, Scamnailer, BOFHLAND, CRDF, Porcupine, Securiteinfo, MalwarePatrol. The package also contains cron, logrotate, and man files.

MalwarePatrol Free/Delayed list support (as of May 2015)

SecuriteInfo Free/Delayed list support (as of May 2015)

Linux Malware Detect support (as of May 2015)

Version 4.4.3 (updated 2015-05-14)

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Bugfix for SecuriteInfo not downloading by Colin Waring
  • Default will now silence ssl errors caused by ssl certificate errors
  • Config updated to 4.6 due to new varible: silence_ssl

Version 4.4.2

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Improved config error checking
  • Config updated to 4.5, due to invalid default dbs-si value
  • Fix debug varible being present
  • Bug fix for ubuntu 14.04 with sed being aliased
  • Explicitly set bash as the shell

Version 4.4.1

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Added error checking to detect if the config could be broken.

Version 4.4.0

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Code refactoring:
  • Added full support for Linux Malware Detect clamav databases
  • Config updated to 4.4

Version 4.3.0

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Code refactoring: group and move functions to top of script
  • Complete rewrite of securiteinfo support, full support for Free/Delayed clamav by securiteinfo.com ;-P Note: securite info requires you to create a free account and add your authorisation code to the config.
  • Config updated to 4.3
  • Restructured Config

Version 4.2.0

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Replace annoying si_ , mbl_, ss_ with actual names ie. securiteinfo_ malwarepatrol_ sanesecurity_
  • Complete rewrite of malwarepatrol support, full support for Free/Delayed clamav ;-P Note: malware patrol requires you to create a free account and add your "purchase" code to the config.
  • More fixes to config prasing and stripping of comments and whitespace
  • Code refactoring: remove empty commands: echo "" and comment ""
  • Config version detection and enforcing

Version 4.1.0

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Fix on default enable of foxhole medium and High false positive sources
  • grammatical corrections to some comments and log output
  • sig-boundary patch by Alan Stern
  • create intermediate monitor-ign-old.txt to prevent reading and writing of local.ign by Alan Stern

Version 4.0.0

  • eXtremeSHOK.com Maintenance
  • Enabled all low false positive sources by default
  • Added all Sanesecurity database files
  • Disabled all med/high false positive sources by default
  • Set default configs to work out of the box on a centos system
  • Silence cron job
  • Set correct paths throughout the script
  • Updated Installation Instructions
  • Updated Paths for removal
  • Updated Default locations to reflect installation instructions
  • Fix: correctly remove comments and blanklines from config before eval
  • Remove: invalid config values (eg. EXPORT path)
  • Fix: correctly check if rsync was successful

Re: Double subjected message.

admin-at-extremeshok-dot-com
To confirm.. if one uses the latest maailscanner.. we do NOT need to
patch the old mailsccanner ?

On 26 May 2015, at 12:08 PM, L.P.H. van Belle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll have a look if i can do this, if i can access the apt.baruwa.org.

That server was zapped by the provider, we don't have a backup to restore
it else where.

P.S The patches were provided months ago, the fix in mailscanner is a back
port i think via Jeremy.

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: Double subjected message.

Louis
Hai,

Imo, yes..

I installed the latest mailscanner about 1.5 week ago,
i did not see messages about "double subjects" until now,
but time wil show if its really fixed.

The mailscanner maintainer told me it should be fixed.

Louis

Re: clamav-unofficial-sigs : version 4.4.3

Louis
this is a nice one, what the os our using/develop this.
I'll wil give it a try to make a debian packages of it.
the debian tree is still at version 3.7.2
And you have nice additions.

Thanks, for pointing to this one.

Greetz,

Louis

Re: clamav-unofficial-sigs : version 4.4.3

admin-at-extremeshok-dot-com
Tested with centos, debian 6/7, ubuntu.

You don't really need to make a package, super simple install. (script + cron + init.d), using github you can pull the latest releases.

Thanks

On 26-May-15 12:27 PM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
this is a nice one, what the os our using/develop this.
I'll wil give it a try to make a debian packages of it.
the debian tree is still at version 3.7.2
And you have nice additions.

Thanks, for pointing to this one.

Greetz,

Louis

Re: Double subjected message.

jadsy2103
Hi All,

Just to let you know who ever experiencing same issue.

I'm using Baruwa 2.0.1

I just upgraded to MailScanner.conf (4.85.2)

For baruwa to work properly It seems I had to use the old ConfigSQL.pm

This to me sounds like the format in which Baruwa database is, and new requirements that have been introduced differ.

Not sure if anyone can shed light but I'm currently using new MailScanner version with the old ConfigSQL.pm and it's working fine :O

Kind Regards