Quantcast

SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
Hi everyone. I'm new to the list. I would like like to know if Baruwa allows SpamAssassin integration? Also, does it allow a dynamic, command line spam scanner plug-in such as Arm Research's Message Sniffer? Thanks.

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator

On 22 Oct 2013, at 11:11 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm new to the list. I would like like to know if Baruwa allows SpamAssassin integration? Also, does it allow a dynamic, command line spam scanner plug-in such as Arm Research's Message Sniffer? Thanks.

Yes and Yes, we are actually testing Message Sniffer at the moment and it will
soon be available for Baruwa Enterprise soon as an optional add on.

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
Great to know! Message Sniffer has a plug-in that will integrate into SpamAssassin and that is why I was wondering if SpamAssassin integrates into Baruwa. Are you currently testing SNF with SpamAssassin or are you testing it as a straight plug-in into Baruwa?

On 22 Oct 2013, at 11:25 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great to know! Message Sniffer has a plug-in that will integrate into SpamAssassin and that is why I was wondering if SpamAssassin integrates into Baruwa. Are you currently testing SNF with SpamAssassin or are you testing it as a straight plug-in into Baruwa?

Baruwa is a framework that brings together various tools, spam assassin is one of them
We will use SNF via spam assassin

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
Very cool! If you need help with testing, I'm available. I have integrated SNF into SpamAssassin many times. Thanks for your replies :)

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Andrew Colin Kissa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 22 Oct 2013, at 11:25 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great to know! Message Sniffer has a plug-in that will integrate into SpamAssassin and that is why I was wondering if SpamAssassin integrates into Baruwa. Are you currently testing SNF with SpamAssassin or are you testing it as a straight plug-in into Baruwa?

Baruwa is a framework that brings together various tools, spam assassin is one of them
We will use SNF via spam assassin

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
Hi Andrew. I sent an email to the list back in October asking if Baruwa allows SpamAssassin integration. I also asked if it allows a dynamic, command-line spam scanner plug-in such as Message Sniffer. You said yes to both questions and that you were testing Message Sniffer. You also said that Sniffer would soon be available for Baruwa Enterprise edition. I finally have some time to work on this project. I wanted to let you know that Sniffer has a plug-in for SpamAssassin called SNF4SA that easily integrates. If you would like to provide a server for me to install it for you, I will gladly do so. As for the dynamic, command-line scanner, have you had any luck getting Sniffer to work in that way? Also, could you tell me about any progress you have made with integrating Sniffer into your Enterprise version? Thanks a bunch and I hope to hear back from you soon.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Andrew Colin Kissa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 22 Oct 2013, at 11:11 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm new to the list. I would like like to know if Baruwa allows SpamAssassin integration? Also, does it allow a dynamic, command line spam scanner plug-in such as Arm Research's Message Sniffer? Thanks.

Yes and Yes, we are actually testing Message Sniffer at the moment and it will
soon be available for Baruwa Enterprise soon as an optional add on.

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Andrew Colin Kissa
Administrator
Hi Linda,

On 03 Feb 2014, at 5:49 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andrew. I sent an email to the list back in October asking if Baruwa allows SpamAssassin integration. I also asked if it allows a dynamic, command-line spam scanner plug-in such as Message Sniffer. You said yes to both questions and that you were testing Message Sniffer. You also said that Sniffer would soon be available for Baruwa Enterprise edition. I finally have some time to work on this project. I wanted to let you know that Sniffer has a plug-in for SpamAssassin called SNF4SA that easily integrates. If you would like to provide a server for me to install it for you, I will gladly do so. As for the dynamic, command-line scanner, have you had any luck getting Sniffer to work in that way? Also, could you tell me about any progress you have made with integrating Sniffer into your Enterprise version? Thanks a bunch and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Yes, we have already integrated this in the Enterprise Edition using the SpamAssassin plugin,
which we have that packaged as an rpm.

It has not been fully rolled out yet as we need to update the documentation and also put in place
a process/system for ordering the Message Sniffer licenses. We are able to provide licenses
only via email at the moment.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
That is AWESOME!!! Do you mind if I get a copy of that rpm for testing purposes only? I want to try and install it into my CentOS VM. Also, I may be able to help as far as the Sniffer documentation is concerned if you need it. I will help free of charge, of course! Are you guys currently a Message Sniffer reseller?

On 03 Feb 2014, at 6:15 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is AWESOME!!! Do you mind if I get a copy of that rpm for testing purposes only? I want to try and install it into my CentOS VM. Also, I may be able to help as far as the Sniffer documentation is concerned if you need it. I will help free of charge, of course! Are you guys currently a Message Sniffer reseller?

Unfortunately not, there are enterprise only enhancements which are only available
to subscribers.

Yes we are a Message Sniffer reseller/integrator.

Regard,

Baruwa - www.baruwa.org

Re: SpamAssassin and Message Sniffer

Linda Pagillo
No problem Andrew. I completely understand about the rpm. Thanks for the info and again, if you need any help, I'm a contractor for Arm Research and I will be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me at any time!

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Andrew Colin Kissa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 03 Feb 2014, at 6:15 PM, Linda Pagillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That is AWESOME!!! Do you mind if I get a copy of that rpm for testing purposes only? I want to try and install it into my CentOS VM. Also, I may be able to help as far as the Sniffer documentation is concerned if you need it. I will help free of charge, of course! Are you guys currently a Message Sniffer reseller?

Unfortunately not, there are enterprise only enhancements which are only available
to subscribers.

Yes we are a Message Sniffer reseller/integrator.

Regard,

My mail Server is in the magnifying glass the Hackers

Cesar
Hi to all

I am in a problem no associated directly with "Baruwa", and i wait that
anybody can help me.

My mail Server is receiving emails from Internet that has the same name
domain that  my virtual domains of mail, then, Baruwa and Mailscanner does
his work correctly, and finally the message reaches to the recipient with
high score of SPAM.

So i would like configure "postfix" for that apply a "DROP"  filter to these
email messages that has as name domain the same that has my mail server.

Is it possible?, and how can i do it?

I will be very grateful to someone that can help me.

Best regards
Cesar

Best regards Cesar

Re: My mail Server is in the magnifying glass the Hackers

Martin Hotze
SPF might help.

MfG
Martin Hotze