Quantcast

configuring AD lookup

jhorne125

Greetings,

Firstly, I am a long time MailScanner user, and I just set up my first working Baruwa.  So far I absolutely LOVE it!

My question is regarding AD lookup.  Is this referring to users who will log into the interface to find/learn/release mails for themselves, or is this for inbound email recipient verification (or both)?

On the domains "Domains :: ORG :: Authentication settings" page, for Bind DN, is it expecting it to be in the format of DOMAIN\user or in the fully distinguishedName format?

I did have some problems getting it set up properly, I did resolve this problem:

---

temporarily rejected RCPT <[hidden email]>: LDAP search: more than one entry (17) was returned (filter not specific enough?)

only to now be stuck with:

---

temporarily rejected RCPT <[hidden email]>: failed to bind the LDAP connection to server [domain controller]:389 - ldap_bind() returned -1

if anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd be much obliged.

thanks,

Jonathan Horne