sphinx precache a killer on reboot

Raymond Norton
On a reboot sphinx precaching just took 849 seconds (always does) to
precache 15 indexes.

I believe I used exactly what was in the docs for the config. Anyone
have a config they can share that works better on a reboot than what I have?

Running 2.0 on Centos 6.5

--
Raymond Norton
LCTN

Re: sphinx precache a killer on reboot

Raymond Norton
The global statement of preopen_indexes = 0 was not working. Placing
preopen_indexes = 0 under the messages index resolved the long delay in
booting up the server.

--
Raymond Norton
LCTN